I know it's been a while since I've posted on here so I thought I'd share something that I wrote about year ago and have updated it with a few Bible verses that came to mind. :)
.jpg) |
| This picture is not my own, I found it online. |
When I was little bananas were one of my favorite fruits to eat (and it still is today especially with peanut butter) I remember one specific day when I was eating a banana as a kid and finding a brown spot on the flesh and thought it was a bad spots, so what did I go and do? I go to my mom and ask her about it of course. She looked at it and said Josh that is not a bad spot but rather a sweet spot and it is perfectly fine to eat. Now you may be asking how does this relate to life? Well in life we are going about our usual living (eating our banana if you will) and when something bad or unpleasant happens to us and we naturally think it is a bad spot. It is at this point that we can choose to either view this point in our lives as being a bad spot or a sweet spot. Sweet spots on a fruit appear because they become bruised from being dropped or banged around and the juice pools up into one spot making it look darker, yet it is also sweeter because of the collection of the juices there. In life we often get bruised emotionally and spiritually (and perhaps even physically) by events that happen in our life and is a point in which God wants to use to draw us to Him and us as a sweet spot where He can mature and grow us. We have the choice to either allow ourselves to think that this hard, unpleasant or even hurtful moment in our life is a bad spot and try to cut it out and throw it away OR we could realize that it is something that God allowed in our lives to produce a sweet spot that is intended to teach us something that will not only bless us but also prepare us to be used by Him to help and be a blessing to others.
Romans 8:28
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
2 Corinthians 1:3-6
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ. 6 Now if we are afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effective for enduring the same sufferings which we also suffer. Or if we are comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.
Are there any verses that YOU would add to this list?