21 So Balaam rose in the morning, saddled his donkey, and went with the princes of Moab.
22 Then God’s anger was aroused because he went, and the Angel of the Lord took His stand in the way as an adversary against him. And he was riding on his donkey, and his two servants were with him. 23 Now the donkey saw the Angel of the Lord standing in the way with His drawn sword in His hand, and the donkey turned aside out of the way and went into the field. So Balaam struck the donkey to turn her back onto the road. 24 Then the Angel of the Lordstood in a narrow path between the vineyards, with a wall on this side and a wall on that side. 25 And when the donkey saw the Angel of the Lord, she pushed herself against the wall and crushed Balaam’s foot against the wall; so he struck her again. 26 Then the Angel of the Lord went further, and stood in a narrow place where there was no way to turn either to the right hand or to the left. 27 And when the donkey saw the Angel of the Lord, she lay down under Balaam; so Balaam’s anger was aroused, and he struck the donkey with his staff.
29 And Balaam said to the donkey, “Because you have abused me. I wish there were a sword in my hand, for now I would kill you!”
30 So the donkey said to Balaam, “Am I not your donkey on which you have ridden, ever since I became yours, to this day? Was I ever disposed to do this to you?”
And he said, “No.”
31 Then the Lord opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the Angel of the Lord standing in the way with His drawn sword in His hand; and he bowed his head and fell flat on his face. 32 And the Angel of the Lord said to him, “Why have you struck your donkey these three times? Behold, I have come out to stand against you, because your way is perverse before Me. 33 The donkey saw Me and turned aside from Me these three times. If she had not turned aside from Me, surely I would also have killed you by now, and let her live.”
34 And Balaam said to the Angel of the Lord, “I have sinned, for I did not know You stood in the way against me. Now therefore, if it displeases You, I will turn back.”
As Christians we all are fighting with demons spiritually. The question is are you fighting with the angels as well? Are you trying to do something, something you may even think is something God wants you to do, and there is an angel blocking your path like there was one standing before Balaam? Are you refusing to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit that is like the donkey trying to warn you about the direction you are going? I urge you to examine yourself and the path you are on, pray, heed the voice of the Holy Spirit and obey. That angel may come in the form of a closed door or family member/friend's warnings or some other form, please don't try to force the doors or shut out those people that love you! Because really in doing this you are fighting against God and only hurting yourself and others! I've been there, I know how hard it is to humble yourself, but I also know the pain it causes not only yourself but also those around you - those that love you the most.
If it is something that is wrong like with Balaam ask for forgiveness and turn around (repent) of it and see what God would have you do instead.
Heavenly Father you know how impatient and even rebellious we can be as your children, please help us to be in tune with and obey the voice of the Holy Spirit as He speaks to us. Help us to trust you with our lives, our dreams our hope and know that if we will do it in Your time and way it will be more grand than anything we imagined on our own.
If there is a path we are on that it only going to lead to harm and separating us from you and those we love, I pray that you would give us the humility and strength to deny ourselves and submit to Your leading. I pray that you would bring godly men and women into our lives that would encourage us and be used by You to direct us in the ways we should go. Give us a hunger for your Word and an unquenchable desire to spend time with You and with those in need around us.
In the name our Your son Jesus I pray,
Amen!
Please leave a comment and let me know what you think! :) Is there something that you have went through like this you would like to share? What form has the angel taken in your life?
